domingo, 16 de setembro de 2018

Ipanema and a night full of stars

I don't think that things happens for a reason
I think it's the other way around
If I didn't wake up early on that Saturday morning, if I didn't meditate and see your messages, this would never happen. If I didn't go to somewhere 3 hours away from home just to meet a complete foreign stranger, this would never happen.
And I'm glad it did.
We talked about parents, about caipirinhas de cachaça and capirinhas de vodka. We talked about the sky and about the beach. We also talked about the present, while holding hands and deciphering our eyes' colours. This, the present, this is where everything happens. It doesn't need a reason, it doesn't need a purpose. It happens while we breathe in and breathe out. It happens when the past has already gone and the future doesn't have anything to offer but uncertainties. That present was special, though. We, two strangers, met in a unknown place, looked for drinks and sang by the sand. We stayed in a silence more meaningful than a thousand words. We were drunk buddies, friends and even lovers. And that was it.
Today I cried. But they were not tears of sadness (of these ones I've already have a good knowledge and practice) even if I wasn't happy to say goodbye. They weren't tears of saudade (the portuguese substantive for missing someone), even knowing that I'll miss you. These tears, they were of a strange feeling of hope. These tears may have blurred my vision but they made it clear for me that good things can happen. And love is still a strong thing that can come into our lives, make a difference, change you and then it can say goodbye without hurting. And I won't say that it didn't hurt to hug you for almost two minutes before we said goodbye. It did. But that's a hurting I can handle. That's a hurting that shows how good was this weekend for me.

So it's over, but please just say you'll think of me, think of me fondly when we've said goodbye. Remember me, once in a while, promise me you'll try. Think of all the things we've shared and seen, don't think about the things which might have been.

Obrigado.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário